Eddebbar, Y. A., Subramanian, A. C., Whitt, D. B., Long, M. C., Verdy, A., Mazloff, M. R., & Merrifield, M. A. (2021). Seasonal Modulation of Dissolved Oxygen in the Equatorial Pacific by Tropical Instability Vortices. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, e2021JC017567. Link
Kessler, W.S., S. Cravatte and co-authors, (2021): Final Report of Tropical Observing System 2020. Global Ocean Observing System-268, 83 pp. doi:10.13140/RG.2.2.19282.68802. Link
Schlunegger, S,. Eddebbar Y. A., Brady R. X., and Burger F. A. (2020). Applications of Large Ensembles for marine biogeochemistry, US CLIVAR Variations, 18 (2). Link.
McKinley, G. A., Fay, A. R., Eddebbar, Y. A., Gloege, L., & Lovenduski, N. S. (2020). External forcing explains recent decadal variability of the ocean carbon sink. AGU Advances, 1(2), e2019AV000149. Link.
Eddebbar, Y. A., Rodgers, K. B., Long, M. C., Subramanian, A. C., Xie, S-P., & Keeling, R. F. (2019). El Niño-like physical and biogeochemical ocean response to tropical eruptions. Journal of Climate, 32(9): 26272649. Link.
Resplandy, L., Keeling, R. F., Eddebbar, Y.A., Brooks, M. K., Wang, R., Bopp, L., Long M. C., Dunne J. P., Koeve W., & Oschlies, A. (2019). Quantification of ocean heat uptake from changes in atmospheric O2 and CO2 composition. Scientific Reports, 9(1), 1-10. Link.
Eddebbar, Y. A., (2018): Climate Modulations of Air-Sea Oxygen, Carbon, and Heat Exchange. Ph.D. thesis, University of California. Link
Eddebbar, Y. A., Long, M. C., Resplandy, L., Rodenbeck, C., Rodgers, K. B., Manizza, M., & Keeling, R. F. (2017). Impacts of ENSO on air-sea oxygen exchange: Observations and mechanisms. Global Biogeochemical Cycles, 31(5), 901-921. Link.
Delorme, B. and Eddebbar Y. A. (2016). Ocean circulation and climate: An overview. Ocean and Climate, Scientific Notes, 2nd Edition: 12-19. Link.
Eddebbar, Y. A., Gallo, N. D., and Linsmayer, L. B. (2015). The oceans and the UN framework convention on climate change. Limnology and Oceanography Bulletin, 24(3), 69-72. Link.
Seminars & Conferences
- US CLIVAR Meeting on Tropical Pacific Observing Needs (TPON 2021) | Tropical Pacific BGC and ocean physics observing needs. [Keynote/Invited]
- University of Hawaii, Department of Oceanography, 2021. Mesoscale Controls on the Equatorial Pacific Oxygen Balance. [Invited]
- AGU Meeting, 2020 | Mesoscale Controls on the Equatorial Pacific Oxygen Balance: A Model Study. [Invited]
- Ocean Sciences Meeting 2020 | Modulation of Equatorial Pacific Oxygen Minima by Tropical Instability Vortices.
- IBS Center for Climate Physics, 2019 | Forced, unforced, and mesoscale variability of oceanic oxygen. [Invited]
- AGU Chapman 2019 Conference on Climate-Carbon Cycle Feedbacks | Volcanic forcing of air-sea carbon flux variability.
- SOLAS 2019 | Volcanic modulation modulations of ocean ventilation: Implications for air-sea O2 and CO2 exchanges. [Plenary]
- Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, 2018 | Forced and unforced climate modulations of air-sea O2 and CO2 exchanges. [Invited]
- NCAR CESM Meeting 2018 | The oceanic response to tropical eruptions: Insights from the Large Ensemble experiment.
- Ocean Deoxygenation Conference 2018 | Volcanic impacts on air-sea O2 exchange: Insights from the Large Ensemble experiment.
- Ocean Sciences Meeting 2018 | The oceanic response to tropical volcanic eruptions.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 2017 | Climate impacts on air-sea oxygen exchange. [Invited]
- ICDC 2017 | Constraints on ocean heat uptake during the hiatus from atmospheric measurements of O2 and CO2.
- NCAR CESM Meeting 2017 | Climate coupling of air-sea oxygen and heat exchange.
- AGU Meeting 2016 | Impacts of ENSO on air-sea O2 exchange: observations and mechanisms.
- Ocean Sciences Meeting 2016 | On the coupling of air-sea heat and oxygen exchange: Insights for the hiatus in global warming.
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO) GGMT Meeting 2015 | ENSO modulation of air-sea O2 fluxes.
- Jeffrey B. Graham Perspectives on Ocean Science Lecture Series, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, 2020. Oceans Out of Breath: Oxygen Minimum Zones in a Warming Climate. Link
- California Association of Science Educators (CASE) Conference, 2020 | The Global Carbon Cycle: Lesson Plans for 7-8th Grade Classrooms
- California Science Teachers Association Conference, 2019 | Oxygen Minimum Zones and Climate: Lesson Plans in 7-8th Grade Classrooms
- California Science Teachers Association Conference 2018 | Oxygen Minimum Zones as an Integrator of Biological, Physical, and Chemical Science Topics in 7-8th Grade Classrooms
- UN 25th Conference of the Parties 2019 | Observing Climate Change from Global to Local Scales: Informing Mitigation, Impacts, and Adaptation. Virtual Blue COP. Link
- UN 24th Conference of the Parties 2018 | The challenges of a changing Pacific Ocean: Understanding impacts, observing networks and building capacity to inform policy. Pacific Pavillion, Katowice, Poland
- UN 24th Conference of the Parties 2018 | Ocean deoxygenation: An update. Press Conference with Dr. Lisa Levin, Katowice, Poland.
- National Geographic/Linblad Expedition (SeaBird cruise ship) 2018 | Oceanic oxygen in a warming climate. Southeast Alaska
- UN 22nd Conference of the Parties 2016. Monitoring the global carbon cycle and heat budget: An overview of current ocean and atmospheric observing systems. Press Conference with Todd Martz, Marrakesh, Morocco.
- UN 22nd Conference of the Parties 2016 | Ocean circulation and climate: An overview. US Science Pavilion, Marrakesh, Morocco.
- UN 21st Conference of the Parties 2015 | Observing the ocean’s role in climate change. Ocean and Climate Forum Session, Paris, France
- Ocean Sciences Meeting 2014 | The ocean in the international climate policy forum
Dr. Yassir Eddebbar
Center for Climate Change Impacts & Adaptation, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego
Mail Address: 9500 Gilman Dr #0206, La Jolla, CA 92093-0206
Copyright © 2020 Yassir Eddebbar